BisonRegular price $ 9.99 Earn 0 points! Sale/Exclusive items are excluded from earning points
There are two species of bison, one from Europe and one from North America. The North American variety is the largest land animal on the continent, and is divided into two species: one that prefers the plains, and another that prefers wooded environments. Due to conservation efforts, these huge bovines have been able to recover from the brink of extinction and are now a popular attraction for visitors to parks like Yellowstone National Park.
- Scientific Name: Bison bison bison
- Characteristics: Bison can sprint at speeds over 35 miles per hour, so don’t let their size fool you. This bison looks like he’s gearing up for a charge, so be careful! This hand painted, scientifically accurate model is packed with furry detail: shaggy in the front with shorter fur toward the rear of its body.
- Size and Color: At about 5 inches long and 3 inches high, this fellow is about the size of a soda can on its side. Just like a real bison, this figure is colored in various shades of brown.
- The Bison is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Bison, also called buffalo, were hunted nearly to extinction during the 19th century so that they had almost become extinct by the 1900s, but recovery efforts have helped increase their numbers dramatically.
Bison are commonly seen in Yellowstone National Park, where they number roughly 5,000 individuals. They should be treated with respect and caution if encountered, as they can be quite dangerous. Their usual movements are deliberate and slow, which makes many people believe they are gentle and docile creatures. However, they can outrun humans easily and will not hesitate to charge if provoked.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.6 L x 5.7 W x 7.3 H
- Size in inches: 5.35 L x 2.24 W x 2.87 H