$ 9.99 You'll get 0 points!
Massive Blue Whales swim the colder waters of the world, sucking in krill through baleen to support their nearly 100-foot length. They can measure up to 110 feet, but most Blue Whales today measure closer to 70 feet, with heavy whaling having diminished their numbers.
- Scientific Name: Balaenoptera musculus
- Characteristics: Attention to detail makes this large Blue Whale figure especially impressive. Its extreme anterior dorsal fin and underbelly ridges are among the finely sculpted features.
- Size and Color: Dark blue above and whitish gray beneath, this Blue Whale figure, representing the largest animal known to have lived on Earth, is nearly 11 inches long, the length of a sheet of copy paper.
- The Blue Whale is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Whales were once far more abundant than they are today. Current estimates place the population between 10,000 and 25,000 animals, after extensive whaling in the twentieth century caused a loss of perhaps 350,000 animals. In 1966, the International Whaling Commission brought about their protection. Since then, local populations have stabilized and seen very modest increases, but worldwide numbers remain low. The International Whaling Commission continues to work extensively on whale conservation, including whaling regulations, and efforts to diminish the effects of entrapment, stranding, and ship strikes.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 26.8 L x 10 W x 4.5 H
- Size in inches: 10.55 L x 3.94 W x 1.77 H