Cloud DragonRegular price $ 20.99 Earn 0 points! Sale/Exclusive items are excluded from earning points
Cloud dragons are perfectly adapted to their sky-high surroundings. Their dark purple and grey color blends with the storm clouds they call home, while an impossibly light wing structure allows them to float for hours on air currents.
- Scientific Name: Draco nubes
- Characteristics: This figure practically shimmers, an adaptation that allows cloud dragons to go almost completely undetected. On clear days, their shiny bodies reflect the sun, making it difficult for observers to glimpse the high-flying dragons.
- Size and Color: All the colors of the sky are here, from light blue, to grey, to stormy purple. Blood-red eyes complete the 8 ½ inch long figure, making it as long as a piece of copy paper is wide.
- The Cloud Dragon is part of the Dragons collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Cloud dragons were discovered much later than other species, as humans only gained the ability to explore the skies in the later part of the eighteenth century. The first cloud dragons were reported by balloonists, whose frightened claims were ignored by many.
The morning sky was grey, but the fog had lifted and the sun promised to break through later, so the pair of balloonists decided to lift off shortly after dawn. The newest fad sweeping Europe was floating in hot air balloons, an invention that promised new experiences to explorers like themselves. Up they floated, adding heat and pulling ropes to keep the balloon afloat. They passed through thin, low-hanging clouds to where the sun burned more brightly, when suddenly, a dark shadow moved quickly across their balloon. Something much, much larger than a bird had passed between them and the sun, with a noise like rushing wind. Staring upward, the sun made it impossible for them to see clearly, but a shimmering silvery shape appeared to be soaring through the clear sky, swooping between clouds. Little did they know, they were the first humans to spy a cloud dragon.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Size in cm: 21.5 L x 15 W x 12 H
- Size in inches: 8.46 L x 5.91 W x 4.72 H