$ 14.99 You'll get 0 points!
Velociraptor was a small, carnivorous dinosaur that lived in Mongolia during the Late Cretaceous, 71 to 75 million years ago. Unlike the fictional movie counterpart that made this species famous, the real Velociraptor was only about the size of a turkey and was covered in feathers. Despite its diminutive stature and feathery appearance, Velociraptor was an effective predator that used its dangerously sharp teeth and claws to subdue small prey and other dinosaurs.
- Scientific Name: Velociraptor mongoliensis
- Characteristics: Velociraptor was a slender carnivore with sharp teeth and a long, stiff tail to keep it balanced. It had two long legs with three sharp-clawed toes, including an enlarged sickle-shaped claw on its first toe that was used as a fearsome weapon. In life, its body was covered in plumage and its arms supported long, wing-like feathers.
- Size and Color: This accurate, feathery figure is 8.5 inches long and 2.75 inches high. Its dappled ginger plumage would help it to sneak up on unsuspecting prey in Cretaceous sand dunes.
- The Feathered Velociraptor is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Ages 3yrs+