$ 6.99 You'll get 0 points!
The sable antelope is a species of antelope that inhabits the more wooded areas of east and southern Africa. Relatively short with stocky necks, sable antelopes are best identified by their impressive ringed horns that curve towards the back of their heads.
- Scientific Name: Hippotragus niger
- Characteristics: Generally found in closely-knit herds of a few females and one male, this antelope has wandered away from its group and wants to tag along! Artfully crafted and hand-painted, our wildlife figurines showcase our attention to detail and are exceptional as additions to a collection, nature diorama, school project, classroom décor, or just as good old-fashioned toys.
- Size and Color: 4.5 inches long and 4.25 inches wide, this figurine’s dimensions are both about an inch larger than the length of a credit card. You can tell this sable antelope is fairly old due to its dark black coat and white facial markings, as calves are born with reddish-brown fur and no facial patterns.
- The Sable Antelope is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Classified as “least concern” on the animal conservation status spectrum, sable antelopes are as common as they are bold. Unlike many other antelopes and members of the Bovidae family, sable antelopes choose to fight predators that confront them using their sharp and powerful horns. This method of self-defense is so effective that sable antelopes have been known to maim and even kill large cats, including lions. As intimidating as that sounds, we promise that this furry friend is quite calm and only wants to fill its belly up with some delicious grass!
- Size in cm: 11.5 L x 11 H
- Size in inches: 4.53 L x 4.33 H