VelociraptorRegular price $ 9.99 Earn 0 points! Sale/Exclusive items are excluded from earning points
Velociraptor was a small theropod dinosaur that lived in what is now Mongolia during the Late Cretaceous Period (about 75 million years ago). Although small by dinosaur standards (not much more than 6 feet in length and 30 pounds in weight), it was a fierce predator, using its speed and sharp claws to capture prey. Velociraptor was a star in the Jurassic Park movie series.
- Scientific Name: Velociraptor, meaning ‘swift seizer (or robber)’.
- Characteristics: Velociraptor was bipedal, with a long tail. Although the front limbs were not used in locomotion, they were large, with strong hands. Both front and hind feet had long sickle- shaped claws. It is believed that Velociraptor would grasp its prey using these claws and use its weight to immobilize the prey, and then use its jaws to finish the job. Velociraptor belongs to the group of dinosaurs that are closely related to birds. The hands and fingers are particularly bird-like in their structure, and like birds, Velociraptor had feathers on its arms. There may have been feathers on other parts of the body, but we still aren’t sure.
- Size and Color: This model is 12.5 inches long and 6 inches high. It is colored in a camouflage brown with dark red vertical stripes that would have allowed it to blend in to the background and make it easier to sneak up on prey.
- The Velociraptor is part of the Great Dinos collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- Recommended Age: 3+