- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Dimorphodon was a medium-sized (wingspan of about 4.5 feet) pterosaur that lived in the Early Jurassic Period (about 200 million years ago) in what is now the British Iles. Pterosaurs were the first reptiles to fly. Although superficially similar to modern bats and birds, they were not related to either group.
- Scientific Name: Dimorphodon, meaning ‘two form tooth’
- Characteristics: Dimorphodon, like most other early pterosaurs, still had teeth, and lacked the skull crest seen in later members of the group. It had an unusually large head, and two distinct types of teeth; long, fang-shaped teeth at the front of the jaws, and smaller, flattened, blade-like teeth at the back. This is unusual, as almost all reptiles have no more than one type of tooth in their jaws. Compared with later pterosaurs, the wings are fairly short (although Dimorphodon was a good flyer), and the neck was short and strong.
- Size and Color: This model is 5.75 inches long and has a 8.5 inch wingspan. The body is an orange-brown, and the wings have a dark blue and red pattern. The head is a brighter red color to emphasize its large size.
- The Dimorphodon is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Dimorphodon is one of the first discovered pterosaurs. The first skeletons were collected on the southeast coast of England in 1828. At first, paleontologists thought that it was Pterodactylus, a pterosaur recently found in Germany, but in 1858, the famous English anatomist Richard Owen realized that it was very different than Pterodactylus, and gave it a new name, Dimorphodon.
- Size in cm: 13.75 L x 20.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.41 L x 8.07 H
We typically ship out within 1-2 business days.
Free Shipping US orders of $49 or above (Subtotal) qualify for free shipping (we will cover the cost to ship your order). APO and AP addresses are included in free shipping.
PLEASE NOTE: Use of a coupon code may bring your order under the $49 subtotal and will be charged shipping.
Some Oversize items may not be included in the Free Shipping within the USA
PLEASE NOTE: PRESALE ITEMS ordered with in stock items will not ship until the full order is in stock. Please order in stock items in a separate order.
PLEASE NOTE: IF PACKAGE IS CUT DURING OPENING, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE.
We are not responsible for packages that are confirmed delivered or stolen. Please make sure you have your order delivered to a safe address or an address that you know your package will be get delivered safely.
International Shipping: is currently Not Available