Gray Tabby Cat
$ 4.99 You'll get 0 points!
“Tabby” refers to any domestic cat that features a distinctive striped or lined pattern on its fur, usually with an “M” shaped mark on its forehead. The stripes may be vertical, swirling, or broken up so that they resemble spots, and the cat’s coat may be any number of colors.
- Scientific Name: Felis catus
- Characteristics: This tabby features a common grey coloration, with the vertical, lightly curving stripes typical of a “mackerel” style pattern. Our cat figure features a curious expression on its upturned face and a raised, curled tail.
- Size and Color: Our tabby figure features gray fur above fading to white below, with black stripes, yellow-green eyes and pink on its nose and inner ears. It measures 2 inches long and 2 ½ inches high, or about the same size as a small cupcake.
- The Gray Tabby Cat is part of the Best in Show collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
The tabby pattern is thought to originate in a subspecies of the wildcat (Felis silvestris), the ancestor of the domesticated cat (Felis catus or Felis silvestris catus), and tabby cats are found depicted in documents from as far back as medieval times.
The “Ithaca Kitty” of 1892, one of the first plush toys to become popular in the United States, was based on a gray tabby cat named Caesar Grimalkin. You could almost imagine our 2018 gray tabby figurine as a spiritual successor to this early toy animal that sparked a trend for animal toys over 100 years ago.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 5.21 L x 1.91 W x 5.84 H
- Size in inches: 2.05 L x 0.75 W x 2.3 H