$ 2.99 You'll get 0 points!
Tabby cats, also called tiger cats, aren’t a distinct breed. Rather, tabby refers to a pattern of stripes that several breeds can display. The stripes may be whirling or descending from the spine, and they are usually wide and thick.
- Scientific Name: Felis catus
- Characteristics: Featuring the wide stripes of the classic tabby or tiger cat, this figure shows off a good bit of personality as well with its eager face and curled tail.
- Size and Color: Tabby cats exhibit of range of colors, with white always prominent among the stripes. This one has light, orange-colored fur and measures 2 inches long and 2 ½ inches high, about the same as a cupcake.
- The Tabby Cat is part of the Safari Farm collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Over two dozen cat breeds can appear in tabby-style color, and tabby cats are the most popular of all domestic cat colors. Despite the popularity of domestic cats, they are relative newcomers to human settlements, undergoing domestication around 4,000 years ago in Egypt. Other studies find that domestication occurred separately in China and Cyprus, perhaps 5,000 or more years ago. Interestingly, some archeologists even question whether cats are truly domesticated. They share no genetic distinction from their feral cousins, and very little distinction from their wild relatives. They can still care for themselves by hunting and finding shelter. One wonders, then, if cats need humans as much as humans need cats.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 5.2 L x 2.20 W x 6.1 H
- Size in inches: 2.05 L x 0.87 W x 2.4 H